Creation of the Karshi regional railway junction
On June 25, 1885, an agreement was signed in the city of Karshi with the participation of Russian and Bukhara diplomats and ambassadors on the construction of a railway from the Kashkadarya and Surkhandarya regions. By 1913, a railway project was developed, which would be laid from the territory of the Bukhara Emirate between the cities of Kagan, Karshi-Guzar, Kelif, and Termez. The 157-kilometer road between the cities of Kagan and Karshi was built in 1914. According to the project, the construction of five major stops (Amirabad, Karaulbazar, Mubarak, Kasan) and several sidings was planned on the Kagan-Karshi railway. At the beginning of 1917, design work was carried out between the cities of Karshi-Termez-Kelif. The estimated interval of 122 kilometers was calculated for the years 1914-1917. Guzar, Kamashi, Yakkabag, and Kitab railway stations were built between these cities. The merits of the Kagan railway station in the construction of the Kagan-Karshi-Termez, Karshi-Kitab railway are enormous. On November 12, 1914, the railway arrived in the city of Karshi, Kashkadarya region. In 1966, the construction of the Samarkand-Karshi railway began, which was completed in May 1970. In 1976, the second branch of the railway in the history of the Karshi railway was organized. Alexander Andreevich Pak was appointed his boss. From 1979 to 1983, the Karshi Railway Department was headed by Norman Ermetov.
By the decree of the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan I.A. Karimov dated January 1, 1992, in connection with the creation of the Turkmen Railway in the territory of the Kashkadarya region, to ensure the efficiency of cargo and passenger transportation by rail, the Karshi branch of Central Asian Railways was established. This was the third reorganization of the department. On November 1994, 7, the state-owned joint-stock railway company Uzbekistan Temir Yullari was established on the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan based on former sections of Central Asian railways. N.E. Ermetov was elected Chairman of the Society. The company consisted of 5 departments (Tashkent, Ferghana, Bukhara, Aral, Karshi, and Khorezm) of the Directorate for passenger and transportation of goods. After the formation of the Karshi branch of the railway, its territories were formed from the territory of 2 provinces. Also, parts of the railway and enterprises in the Samarkand and Bukhara regions were transferred to the disposal of this department. The department employed five thousand people. He had 22 stations and sidings at his disposal. The railway section included more than 700 km of railway. Tuychiyev Abdulla Azizovich was appointed head of the department. Stations (Mubarak, Serniy zavod, Kasan, Kashkadarya, Karshi, Shurtan, Guzar, Kamashi, Yakkabag, Tankhoz, Kitab, Nishan, Jeyran, Gumbaz, Ulus, Jom, Ayratam, Alatun, Neguz) crossings (149, 148, 146, 151, 154, steppe), as well as a locomotive depot a carriage depot, signaling and communication lines, a power supply distance, 2 road repair enterprises, carpool depots, and material warehouses, were transferred to the Karshi department. In 1994, a new modern hospital with 150 beds was built for railway workers in Karshi, in 1995 a Chillabag recreation area was built in Yakkabag district, and a railway workers' wellness center was built and put into operation in the Karshi department. In 1998, the Kengsoy station was built and commissioned in the Karshi-Talimarjan section.
In 2002, “O‘zbekiston Temir Yo‘llari” was formed and the Karshi RRJ was formed as part of it, the head of which was appointed Arslanov Ibobullo Gulomovich. On December 25, 2010, a high-speed express train named "Nasaf" was launched on the Tashkent-Karshi route by the state joint-stock railway company "O‘zbekiston Temir Yo‘llari", taking into account all amenities. By Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PP-1676 dated January 5, 2012, in 2012-2016, the movement of electric trains was established on the section of the Morokand-Karshi railway, resulting in the regular movement of the high-speed passenger train "Afrosiyob" on the Tashkent-Samarkand-Karshi route was launched on September 5, 2016.
In 2017, the movement of the first electric locomotive and the modern electric train "Afrosieb" was launched on the route "Karshi-Kitab". New train stations were built in this direction and the stations were reconstructed. 2 bridges and about 20 artificial structures were also built. About 100 units of modern equipment, and more than 300 experienced specialists were involved in the construction work. It is noteworthy that 94 km was planned by the district's power engineers as part of the project. The Karshi-Kitab railway line, whose technical tests were successful, was put into operation on August 30, 2018. The train "Afrosieb", en route to the Kashkadarya region, through the city of Karshi, arrived in Shakhrisabz for the first time. Today, the new administrative building of the 4-story 66-room unitary enterprise of the Karshi regional railway junction, which is the pearl of the city of Karshi with all amenities, is being used.